New Patch For World Supremacy Ready To Blitz Your Hard Drive!
Conquer The Globe In Style With Version 1.09!
Cary, NC, 09 May 2011
Shrapnel Games is pleased to announce that a new patch is available for World Supremacy, the game of global conquest from Malfador Machinations. Version 1.09 is now available for download. For those of you keeping count at home yes, the last official patch was version 1.06. Versions between 1.09 and 1.06 were public beta patches. Version 1.09 is the official patch ready for public consumption.
The version 1.09 patch is a cumulative patch and contains a great many improvements to how the AI conducts war, along with game balance issues and bug elimination. 1.09 contains the following changes since version 1.06 was released:
* Fixed AI was not using bombardment. Also, bombard animation should not show if the source or target region cannot be seen.
* Fixed AI was not moving units after combat. AI was not building enough land units. Many other general AI improvements.
* Fixed Nuclear missiles can now move over land and sea, and detonate over land sea. Submarines are not affected by nuclear explosions.
* Fixed Sometimes sight would not be updated from new purchases when a player started their turn.
* Fixed Neutron bomb was not killing only infantry.
* Changed Rebalanced hit points and damage to all units.
* Added On screen text messages at the beginning of the turn to show results of tech purchases.
* Added In combat hit points will show as current amount out of total for the top unit.
A complete list of changes can be found in the history text of the patch.
Version 1.09 of the patch can be downloaded from the World Supremacy product page. Additionally, for those of you who have not yet tried this title the demo has been updated to reflect the latest changes. Download both here:
Until May 16th World Supremacy is on sale for only $24.95! Now is the perfect time to get into this fast paced, beer and pretzels style game of global warfare.
In World Supremacy one to eight players battle for control of a randomly generated world (users can also generate their own maps, along with the ability to mod many aspects of the game). Using contemporary engines of war, such as jet fighters, fast attack submarines, helicopters, and more, players attempt to conquer neutral and enemy controlled regions. Each region provides more coin for your war machine, which does not run on blood and sweat alone. A simplified research tree allows a variety of strategies without complicating the game. Chrome such as nuclear weapons adds to the possibilities.
Overall gameplay is reminiscent of such board games as the classic Axis and Allies franchise. World Supremacy is easy to pick up, does not take long to play, and features enough variations out of the box that it can provide an endless experience.
World Supremacy is available for Windows as a download only.
Check out more great games at www.shrapnelgames.com, home of award winning independent strategy titles for the PC since 1999. For more conquering-the-world fun be sure to explore the fantasy realm of Dominions 3: The Awakening. If local conquest is more your style grab the demo for Bronze, and if youre looking to drill down even more be sure to take a peek at winSPWW2 and winSPMBT.
For press related information please contact Scott R. Krol by using the following form: www.shrapnelgames.com/forms/contact_shrapnel_games.html
To visit our company blog go to: forum.shrapnelgames.com/blog.php